top of page

Permits & Forms

Download, print and deliver these forms to the Village Office; we are happy to serve your many different village needs.  If you have any questions about the forms, feel free to contact us with questions.

Electrical Permit 

Needed to do any electrical renovation in your house or commercial building.

Plumbing Permit

Needed in order to change or add plumbing to any building within the village boundaries.

Mechanical Permit

Needed in order to construct or add an addition to any building within the village boundaries.

Zoning Fees
Here is the list of fees for zoning services
Building Permits
Contact Joe Wickey
Community Park Reservation Form

 Buy a Brick Form

Blight Officer
Contact Mike Haydon
Zoning Permits
Contact Doug Kuhlman
Municipal Zoning
Doug Kuhlman, principal

Since 2006 I have been involved with municipalities in both St. Joseph and Cass County serving as the Code Compliance Officer and/or Zoning Administrator.

Zoning has a very significant impact on a community, so I take my position very seriously to keep up on current events and how they may affect each of the communities, and work with each of the boards and commissions to make sure that each of the municipalities are the best that they can be.

I work with the public to assist you with your projects, and to make sure that projects are in compliance with the zoning ordinances.  You don’t see a zoning application on line as I prefer to have a one on one conversation to attempt to make the application process as simple as possible.

I was born and raised and have lived in St. Joseph County all my life.  My entire career has been in public service. I look forward to working with you was we both strive to make Colon a community to be proud of.

bottom of page